Duke of Edinburgh's Award Volunteering
RGU:Union is looking for students and staff members to volunteer as Programme Leaders as well as Expedition Trainers and Assessors with the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
If you are willing to volunteer, in any capacity, please don’t hesitate to contact the Duke of Edinburgh Co-ordinator:
Tel: 01224 262 266
DofE Coordinator (2-3 Hours a week)
- Managing the RGU:Union Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (DofE) Centre for participants seeking to complete their DofE. Applicant will preferably have previous DofE experience.
DofE Group Leader (1-2 Hours every 2 weeks)
- Leading a group of 5-10 students taking part in their DofE Award at RGU:Union. Making sure the participants maintain motivation and keep their records up-to-date.
DofE Expedition Supervisor
- Lead and remotely supervise a group of up to 8 participants (must have Low Hills and First Aid Qualification)
DofE Expedition Assessor
- Providing feedback to groups on their expedition and ensuring that the participants fulfil the 20 conditions of the DofE expedition. (must have DofE EAAS Assessor Qualification)
DofE Verifier (3 Hours a month)
- Assisting the Coordinator and Manager to ensure that participants have the correct evidence uploaded on eDofE once submitted for approval.
- Assist with the training elements of the expedition (Nutrition/First Aid/Tents/Stoves/etc)
Please follow this link for more detailed role descriptors