JOB TITLE: Graphic Designer
SALARY: £9.50 /hour
POSITION TYPE: Part time (16hrs per week), fixed term until 31st July 2021
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Marketing Manager
CLOSING DATE: 3rd December 2020 @ 12pm
Working in a busy student-led environment, this role is to aid in the promotion of RGU:Union services, projects and student groups by providing creative design solutions for both print and digital media.
This is a part-time role best suited to a student currently studying design, or with an interest in design and a strong portfolio, however all applications will be considered (student status is not a requirement).
Shift patterns are flexible with the potential to occasionally increase hours during peak times.
This role is based in the RGU:Union offices on the Robert Gordon University campus in Aberdeen, however due to Covid-19 restrictions periods of remote or blended working may be required.
- Develop creative ideas to support the Students’ Union communication work.
- To offer design assistance to the Union’s departments and affiliated student groups, including societies, sports clubs and media outlets.
- Interpret briefs and basic concepts to develop ideas into fully produced design solutions for use across print and digital media.
- To assist with the creation of engaging social media and email content to be used across the Students’ Union channels (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Contribute towards general marketing duties, including promotion of Students’ Union societies, sports clubs, student groups, campaigns and events.
- To work with a high level of efficiency and organisation to manage and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite packages, in particular Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop.
- Experience of working across print, digital and branding.
- Ability to communicate well and interpret instructions and direction.
- Strong commercial awareness, and the flexibility to produce designs for a diverse range of campaigns, events and audiences.
- Good organisational skills and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and maintain an up-to-date record of project work.
- Experience of using content management systems to update web content (eg, Wordpress)
- Knowledge of media editing and production (eg, Adobe Premiere Pro)
If you are successfully shortlisted, we will invite you to an interview. Due to current Covid-19 restrictions this will take place online via Microsoft Teams. Our team will be happy to assist should you have any questions about attending an interview using this platform.
Robert Gordon University Students’ Union pursues a policy of equal opportunities in the appointment and promotion of staff.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org