Motion results summary from RGU:Union's Annual General Meeting for the academic year 2016-2017.
Yesterday's Union Annual General Meeting saw over 150 RGU students come together to debate and vote on a number of motions, which will help set the Union's campaign plans for the coming academic year. Huge thanks to all that showed up and took part. Reports, photos and minutes will be available very soon.
You can watch the full live stream of the event, captured by the team at RGU TV, at this link (AGM begins at 45mins)
Motion results summary:
- Motion 1 (24 hour access to architecture studios) passed with an amendment which clarified that the access should be made available two weeks before deadlines.
- Motion 2 (Hot water facilities on campus) passed.
- Motion 3 (Lower the price of student halls at RGU) passed with an amendment regarding better transparency from RGU Accommodation.
- Motion 4 (Introduce healthier catering options on campus) passed with amendments which included tackling the price of healthy options, a larger choice of late night outlets open during exam time, and better availability of food for those with dietary requirements.
- Motion 5 (Lobby for continued funding of RGU Go Green) passed.
- Motion 6 (Introduce gender neutral toilets) passed.
If you have any questions about the AGM or any of the motions, get in touch with Edward Pollock (President of Communication & Democracy).