JOB TITLE: PR Team Member
DEPARTMENT: Students' Union Office, Union Way
HOURS OF WORK: Approx 6 hrs per week (with additional shifts available during Freshers Week)
RATE: £8.75 / hour
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Design & Marketing Manager
As a member of the Union PR team, you will act as a direct link between the student body and the Marketing & Communications team, passing on current and up-to-date information throughout the year and bringing back relevant feedback to us at the Union.
The main duties include:
- Promoting key activities and events provided by the Students’ Union
- Speaking to students to promote the messages of the Students’ Union.
- Actively promoting the Students’ Union, its activities and services to new and existing students.
- Ensure all promotional sites are well maintained throughout designated areas across the University campus.
- Assisting during Union events where required.
- Posting and removing posters on relevant notice boards across campus.
- Manning stalls to promote the Union at internal and external events.
- Assisting with feedback sessions run by the Union to survey students.
- Giving regular feedback to the Union team when required.
- Being an Ambassador for the Union.
Applicable to all employees:
- Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by the General Manager.
- Familiarise and understand the Union Mission Statement, Objectives and Departmental Action Plans.
- Fully understand and implement the Environmental Policy within your duties and responsibilities.
- Use the recycling facilities in accordance within your designated area and where appropriate throughout the Student Association.
Health & Safety:
- To take reasonable care and be aware of your legal responsibility for Fire precautions and Health & Safety at work.
- To co-operate with employer/manager to satisfy all requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexible and friendly approach at all times
- Ability to multi task
- Good time management
Click here to download a PDF job description. If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Gregor Mailer (Design & Marketing Manager) by emailing email@example.com.