JOB TITLE: Retail Administrator / Operator
DEPARTMENT: Students' Union (Deeview Student Store)
HOURS: 39 hrs per week
RATE & TERM: £9.00 / hour (Fixed Term until 19th July 2019)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: General Manager
Robert Gordon University Student Union (RGU Union) is looking for a dynamic person to join our team. The role entails working in a busy shop and sourcing new income streams. The customer base is students and staff in the Garthdee Campus, therefore we offer a wide range of products at an affordable price.
- Key holder to open and close the shop.
- Cash handling duties which include cash reconciliation procedures.
- Must be experienced in using Microsoft office
- Ability to market the shop through using social media.
- Ability to order stock and ensure pricing is appropriate.
- Monitor and ensure efficiency in filing of documentation from suppliers and deliveries.
- Ensure that all customer orders are processed as quickly as possible and liaise with customers regarding
- delivery times.
- Report any stock requirements to the General Manager for authorization.
- Ensure daily operating procedures are followed and completed, i.e. arranging newspapers, stocking shelves,
- pricing items.
- Serve customers, ensuring excellent customer care practices are being followed at all times.
- Supervise, train and develop shop assistants to the required standard.
- Answer telephone enquiries.
- Ensure working areas and customers areas are kept clean and tidy and free of items that may cause a hazard at
- all times.
- Monitor and control stock and assist Union auditing policy with monthly stock takes.
- Attend appropriate training as required.
- Identify and meet with key staff members throughout the University to build relationships and identify new
- opportunities for product development and sales.
- Support Graduation campaign to drive sales and target Alumni.
- Administer and update online shop platform.
- Research and source new products.
- Take clothing orders and confirm to supplier.
Applicable to all employees:
- Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by the General Manager.
- Familiarise and understand the Union Mission Statement, Objectives and Departmental Action Plans.
- Fully understand and implement the Environmental Policy within your duties and responsibilities.
- Use the recycling facilities in accordance within your designated area and where appropriate throughout the
- Student Association.
Health & Safety:
- To take reasonable care and be aware of your legal responsibility for Fire precautions and Health & Safety at work.
- To co-operate with employer/manager to satisfy all requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Must be computer literate.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Must have a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Knowledge of inventory techniques.
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Michele Collie (General Manager) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org