*Prices accurate as of January 2017 - Please visit RGU website for most recent prices.
Woolmanhill is RGU's biggest set of accommodation with over seven hundred and thirty RGU students. The site is located five minutes away from the City Centre of Aberdeen and is a great location for students looking to make the most of the culture and nightlife that Aberdeen has to offer. The site has eleven five-story blocks with around nine or ten flats in each block. The flats have a communal kitchen and lounge with a SmartTV with a TV licence for residents' use. There are two types of rooms, standard flats have two shared toilets and two shower rooms, while ensuite flats don't have any communal toilets or bathrooms. The rooms accommodate between five and eight residents, with the majority of the flats being six or eight bedroom.
- RGU has recently installed new Smart TVs in the lounge of each flat and has provided a TV licence so you can watch TV with flatmates, connect your console or use services such as Netflix if you have a subscription.
- For early risers, there are three buses to campus direct from Woolmanhill each morning between 8am and 8.30am.
- This is a large site exclusively for RGU students so there are plenty of opportunities to get to know other students and the Reslife team hold several activities here.
- There is an on-site office where you can report any maintenance issues, collect parcels or ask general questions about the area, and the site is staffed 24 hours a day for additional security and to provide assistance where needed.
- Great if you’re on a budget as Woolmanhill standard rooms are the cheapest in our portfolio yet still offer a comfortable and convenient place to stay.
What is in the rooms?
- Single bed
- Study desk, chair and lamp
- Bedside unit
- Data point
- Waste paper bin
What is in the communal areas?
- Iron and ironing board
- Microwave oven
- Kitchen bin
- Table or breakfast bar with chairs/stools
- Upholstered lounge furniture
- Coffee table
- Vacuum cleaner
Getting To and From Woolmanhill
Approx. 1 Hour Walk to RGU Campus
Woolmanhill is located in the City Centre, which makes it close to a wide range of facilities, shops, restaurants, bars and clubs. It is a 5 minute walk from Belmont Street, home to some of Aberdeen's most popular bars. It is also a ten minute walk from some of Aberdeen's biggest nightclubs. When it comes to getting to the RGU campus, it is roughly a one hour walk, down Union Street and along the length of Holburn Street to the south of the city.
Approx. 30 min Bus Journey to RGU Campus
Woolmanhill is close to a number of major bus routes throughout the city. From the site, it is about a five to ten minute walk to get to the City Centre, where on Union Street students can take the First Aberdeen Route 1, 1A or 2 to get to the RGU Campus in Garthdee. This bus journey only takes around 15 minute and the buses come at least every ten minutes. The 1 and 1A service runs straight onto the university campus and often have signage for 'RGU'. There is also a set of buses which leave directly from outside Woolmanhill from 8am - 9am during term time to get students to Garthdee even quicker.
Approx. 30 min Cycle to RGU Campus
Another way to get from Woolmanhill to Garthdee is to cycle. On site, there are a limited number of bike storage pds which are avaliable on a first come, first serve bases and cost £10 to lease. The RGU Students' Union run an RGU Go Green sustainability project where they have a Bike Hire Scheme
where students can get a free bike and reserve it for a semester. Students cycling from Woolmanhill can take a number of routes, including an old railway line which runs from Duthie Park to Garthdee allowing cyclists a safer route to avoid the traffic.
Approx. 12 min Drive to RGU Campus
If you are looking to drive to campus, it is possible to get on-site parking at Woolmanhill. Parking is for residents only, and costs around £240 for the year, with a £5 deposit. It is a short 12 minute drive to the RGU campus. Parking on campus in Garthdee requires an additional permit, which is often allocated to students who live the furthest away from campus with limited public transport options. There are options for parking in the community around the campus, such as On-Street parking.