Staying Safe

Forms of ID on a night out

Please be aware, Police Scotland have advised us of the following:

"Any UK Passport that is lost by its owner, then recovered as Found Property and handed in to the police, cannot be returned to its owner once it has been out with their control. 

Passports lodged as Found Property by the police must be returned to the Passport Office in line with Home Office guidelines. 

We would encourage students to leave their passports at home, and use a Provisional/Drivers Licence as an alternative form of ID".


Contact RGU:Union Advice and Support via the below links or via the chat-widget on this page, and to provide feedback on the service, please complete the Advice & Support Survey.

Map Icon  Email Icon  Phone Icon  Twitter Icon


Top stories from Radar

Rainbow: A symbol of hope during the coronavirus outbreak

You may have noticed in your town or even on social media that drawings of rainbows are being displayed somewhere new - on windows of homes across the United Kingdom!

Designer uses fashion world expertise to combat present-day slavery

Nigerian design collective, Ile Moremi will be showcasing a tie-dye textile, Adire, in their signature jumpsuits and basketweave jackets. The collection will be displayed at the Africa Fashion Week London 2020 this August.

Student Elections: The Nominations

Nominations for the upcoming Student Elections are now closed. Find out more as to who are your candidates for this year:

RGU News: Closure due to Coronavirus Epidemic

As of tomorrow, RGU will be closing its doors to all staff and students for the foreseeable future in order to meet guidelines set by the UK Government.