OGHENERO AJANTANA: ASPIRANT FOR THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENT (EDUCATION AND WELFARE)
My name is Oghenero Ajantana. I am currently studying LLM Oil and Gas Law at the Aberdeen Business School. I love impacting the lives of people positively wherever I find myself. My hobbies include reading, writing, travelling and playing football. I am vying for the office of President (Education and Welfare) and I need your support.
WHY PRESIDENT (EDUCATION AND WELFARE)?
This position is one of the most important offices in the RGU Union as the President ‘is primarily responsible for safeguarding the academic interests and personal welfare of students’ as well as ‘ensuring that the Union is acting in a way which promotes the academic interests and welfare of students’ of this great University.
Furthermore, I strongly believe that the welfare of students is key to attaining academic excellence. It is therefore imperative for students to elect someone who understands their interests and who is committed to safeguarding such interests. I am therefore seeking your support and votes even as I offer myself to serve you in the capacity of President (Education and Welfare).
WHY VOTE FOR ME?
I humbly believe that I have the requisite skills and ability to function effectively as President (Education and Welfare) if elected. During my undergraduate studies, I served as Secretary General of the Law Student’s Association. While studying at the Nigerian Law School, I served as Public Relations Officer 2 of the Students Representative Council. In appreciation of my modest contributions to the development of the Nigerian Law School, I was awarded with a Certificate of Leadership by the Director General of the Nigerian Law School.
During my National Youth Service Corps Programme, I served as Secretary General of Attitudinal Change Community Development Service as a volunteer. Professionally, I am a member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), NBA Young Lawyers Forum and the Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered). I believe that these experiences will help me in functioning effectively and efficiently as President (Education and Welfare).
WHAT DO I SEEK TO ACHIEVE IF ELECTED?
• Engage the university management in ensuring that lectures are recorded and made available to students as its done in some other schools. This will assist students during preparations for coursework and exams.
• To work with the school management in ensuring that the restaurants on campus sells food that represent the diverse nature of students of RGU. RGU is an international university with students from all over the world and I think it is fair that the food sold on campus should cater for all.
• Support the mental health awareness program of RGU by encouraging all RGU students to take advantage of the RGU’s commitment in rendering support to students with mental health issues.
• Create awareness and encourage students to take advantage of the numerous student support services available on campus such as Student Counselling and Wellbeing Centre, Disability and Dyslexia Centre, Nursery Facilities, Chaplaincy, etc.
• Partner with RGU Career services in ensuring that students take advantage of the resources available in securing their dream jobs.
• Partner with all Class representatives and school officers in tackling any challenge that will otherwise affect the academic interests and welfare of students.
• To ensure that all the Union’s programmes are centred on promoting the culture of equality, diversity and inclusion.
• To consistently and relentlessly represent the views and interests of all students especially as it concerns their education and welfare before the school management.
• To promptly respond to complaints or challenges faced by students in their academic pursuit.
• To implement all pending projects embarked on by the outgoing administration that are beneficial to all students.
According to Harvey Firestone ‘the growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership’. Your growth and development as a student is dependent on your Education and Welfare. I am determined to ensure your growth and development as a student by ensuring that issues relating to your academic interests and welfare are dealt with timeously, efficiently and effectively.
Please Vote Oghenero Ajantana for President (Education and Welfare).?
As always, please accept the assurances of my highest regards and consideration.
Looking forward to serving you.