Who am I?
Hi, my name is Ursula Ojiji, I am a Masters student of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, and I am here to ensure that the voices of students are not just heard but echoed.
I believe the office of the President, Communication and Democracy helps to bring student’s ideas, thoughts and interests to life. On this note I present myself forward to run for the office of the student President, Communication and Democracy.
Before I go to the reasons you should vote me, I need you to know that I am friendly, approachable, reliable, capable and full of experience for this role.
With this position, if given the opportunity, I will:
- Ensure speedy implementation of motions as voted in the last AGM.
- Ensure a time table mobile app is implemented for students for easy navigation to lecture halls and modules etc.
- Advocate and work towards providing a social space for the student union.
- Implement campaigns to tackle high cost of student living and accommodation.
- Work with the university’s catering team towards subsidizing the prices of food sold on campus.
Vote for me…I will defend your voice, I will be the echo your voice needs!