FOR PRESIDENT (COMMUNICATION & DEMOCRACY)
I am Oluwasegun Babalola, a postgraduate student of Information Technology with Cyber Security. Prior to starting my program, I have had about eight years of experience in management. I have been following the activities of the Union since starting my program and based on my observations so far, past executives have tried their best but there is always room for improvement which informed my decision to run for this position.
We cannot over-emphasize the impact COVID-19 has had on our lives, especially students experience. We live in a time of uncertainty which requires a workaround to make the most out of the present situation. As the President of Communication and Democracy, my major interest will be to ensure that students’ voices are heard clearly by the appropriate authorities to gradually improve our experience as students.
Reasons to vote for me:
- To work with the school management in engaging local employers to recruit more students into various capacities and getting work placements for students.
- To liaise with the school authorities on job provision for more students within the school premises.
- To provide more lines of communication between the students and the union that will enable students’ concerns to be heard and attended to promptly.
- Work closely with class representatives to bridge the communication gaps between the union and the students at all levels.
Post Covid Activities
- Re-invent all school social activities into a bigger and better experience which will improve students experience on campus.
- Introduce the employment scheme of student interns within the Union.
- Work within the union to create an effective employability knowledge scheme that will enhance transferable skills.
- I will work together with the VP’s in ensuring that we represent the voices of all students.
I want to be remembered as the president who put first the interest of all students by listening to their concerns.
Vote Oluwasegun Babalola as President, Communication and Democracy.