*Prices accurate as of January 2017 - Please visit RGU website for most recent prices.
Crathie Student Village is located inbetween the City Centre and RGU. The site has 96 student residents who are all RGU students. There are four blocks with either three or four stories. There are fourteen flats, with five to eight people in each flat. All of the rooms are ensuite, and the flats have an open plan kitchen and lounge. Crathie Student Village is well connected to both the university and the City Centre and has a number of shops such as a twenty four hour ASDA, an Iceland and a Spar all within a ten minute walk.
- RGU has provided TVs in the lounge of each flat which includes a TV licence so you can watch TV with flatmates or connect your console for playing games.
- This is one of the few sites with free parking on site but do note that parking is limited and cannot be guaranteed.
- Crathie Student Village is within walking distance of university, shops and social life so if you want to keep transport costs down, this could be a good location for you.
- The fabulous Duthie Park is just round the corner as well as the Deeside Way for walking or cycling.
- Crathie is an environmentally aware site, with automated lighting in communal areas and solar panels on the roof.
Getting To and From Crathie Student Village
Approx. 25 min Walk to RGU Campus
Crathie Student Village is on Holburn Street and is a 25 minute walk to campus. Equally, it is a 25 minute walk to the City Centre to access a wide range of facilities, shops, restaurants, bars and clubs.
Approx. 10 min Bus Journey to RGU Campus
Crathie Student Village is located on the First Aberdeen Route 1 and 1A go towards the RGU campus, and the Route 2 going into town. It is only a 10 minute bus journey both to Garthdee for university, or to the City Centre.
Approx. 11 min Cycle to RGU Campus
Another way to get from Crathie Student Village to Garthdee is to cycle. There is external bike racks which can be in the car park area of the site. The RGU Students' Union run an RGU Go Green sustainability project where they have a Bike Hire Scheme
where students can get a free bike and reserve it for a semester. Students cycling from Crathie can take a number of routes, including an old railway line which is right next to the site which runs from Duthie Park to Garthdee allowing cyclists a safer route to avoid the traffic.
Approx. 5 min Drive to RGU Campus
If you are looking to drive in Aberdeen, Crathie Student Village offers a small on-site car park free to use for residents on a first come, first served basis. It is only a 5 minute drive either to campus in Garthdee or the City Centre. Parking on campus in Garthdee requires an additional permit, which is often allocated to students who live the furthest away from campus with limited public transport options. There are options for parking in the community around the campus, such as On-Street parking.