Radar has a new Easter baking recipe to share. The weather is beginning to change and daffodils slowly blossoming. So instead of eating all the chocolate eggs over the weekend, why not try out this biscuit lolly recipe?
- 350g Plain Flour
- 140g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Syrup
- Half a tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- Food Colouring
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the sugar and the syrup, and mix together.
- Then add the vanilla and let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
- Take a large bowl, pour the mixture into the bowl and add the flour.
- Crack the egg, add the egg to the mixture and stir until it becomes a dough.
- Sprinkle flour onto a clean work surface and roll out the dough to about 5mm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter or carve your own shape into the dough and place the shapes on a baking tray. Preferably an egg shape for an Easter theme!
- Place a lollipop stick into each shape to make the biscuits into Easter biscuit lollies.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Put the desired amount of icing sugar into a bowl and add a very small teaspoon of hot water. Mix until all the lumps disappear and it becomes the desired thickness.
- Add food colouring and decorate to make them into brightly coloured Easter themed biscuits.
- Make double the amount of biscuits and make empire biscuits by adding jam in the middle of two biscuits and placing them together.
- The lollipop stick can be placed in the middle of the two biscuits.
- Keep the lollipop biscuits standing up but displaying them in a vase or jars.
Baking an Easter treat is the best way to celebrate the occasion. Wow your friends and family with this baking creation and enjoy decorating colourful biscuits for Easter. Radar would like to wish all a Happy Easter!