Booking a space on campus
The Union has a number of spaces across the RGU campus which are available to book for free by societies, sports clubs and student groups. Whether you're looking to host a committee meeting, social event, lecture, workshop or even a full-scale conference, we will find the perfect space for you!
Find out more about the Union's spaces and check their availability using the calendar on this page, then use the link below to submit a booking request.
We also look after all student bookings on campus (with the exception of Gray's School of Art and the ABS Learning Centre), so if you are looking to use a lecture theatre, seminar room, or any other space across the Sir Ian Wood Building, Health & Social Care Building, Aberdeen Business School or Garthdee House Annexe, fill in a booking request form and we will help you out with this.
How to book a space on campus:
- Identify which space you would like to book using the information on this page.
- If you are looking to book a Union space (eg, Union Way, Kaim Cottage), check the availability calendar below. You can hover or click on a calendar item to see the full location/booking details. If there are no bookings in your desired location, you are free to book this space!
- If you are looking to book a non-Union space on campus (eg, lecture theatre, atrium/amphitheatre, bake sale), submit your booking request here and we will confirm the area's availability with RGU Timetabling.
- Complete a booking request form and we will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm.
- All bookings need to be submitted at least 2 full working days before your event.
- Any bookings involving external speakers need to be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance of your event.
- Bookings for Grays School of Art and the ABS Learning Centre are not available through this online system.
- Currently all events require a risk assessment to be completed before we can book a space out for you, templates are available in the forms and admin section on the union website, please send these risk assessments to email@example.com
- Events that require food or drink are currently not allowed on campus
If you need help with a booking, get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into the Union's office on Union Way for a chat.
Students looking to book non-society related meeting spaces or private study space should use the two links below. You can also book shared study space at the reception of each building.
- Georgina Scott Learning Library
- Library Level 9
Our meeting space on Union Way. Fully equipped with versatile layout options, projector & screen, computer, speakers, and a whiteboard, making it perfect for presentations, small or large group meetings and informal events.
Standing - 40
Seated (in rows) - 40
Seated (around a table) - 18
Projector Screen, Projector (HDMI & VGA connections), Whiteboard, Computer, Speakers
Use the space in front of the Union office to host a promotional stand for your society, sports club or student group. We'll set you up with a table and some chairs, perfect for increasing your sign-ups, promoting your events, and hosting fundraisers such as bake sales. This is the main walkway between Aberdeen Business School and the other buildings on campus, so there are always lots of students passing through!
If you're looking for an informal space to host a small group meeting, book one of our tables on The Terrace with comfy couches and background music. This is the student social space on Union Way, so bookings do not guarantee exclusive use of the entire area, but spaces can be reserved for groups of up to 10 people.
Kaim Meeting Room
This Meeting Room can be found in Kaim Cottage, which is located between Aberdeen Business School and Garthdee House Annexe. The room has flexible layout options plus a projector & screen (you will need to supply your own laptop). Great for group meetings or presentations that need a bit more privacy.
Standing - 30
Seated (in rows) - 20
Seated (around a table) - 12
Projector Screen, Projector (VGA connection), 3 couches for additional comfy seating
Sir Ian Wood Building
Our Student Hub is located next to the back atrium in the Sir Ian Wood Building. The room features four hot-desks with PC access, as well as a couple of smaller seating sections which could be used for informal group or committee meetings. Additional seats can be added, but please make a note of this when completing your booking.
Other Spaces On Campus
We also look after all student bookings on campus (with the exception of Gray's School of Art and the ABS Learning Centre), so if you would like to use a lecture theatre, seminar room, or any other space across the Sir Ian Wood Building, Health & Social Care Building, Aberdeen Business School or Garthdee House Annexe, fill in a booking request form and we will help you out with this.
City Centre Spaces
If you are looking to host an event or fundraiser closer to the city centre, we have links with a number of bars, nightclubs, community centres and other venues who can provide space for meetings and events of almost any size. Get in touch by emailing email@example.com to discuss this with our team, or drop into the Union office on Union Way.