JOB TITLE: Freshers Team Leader (Day shifts)
RATE & TERM: £10.50/hour (Fixed term from 10th September 2022- 19th September 2022)
HOURS OF WORK: 20 hrs, Four 5-hour Shifts (Saturday 10th, Sunday 11th, Tuesday 13th & Thursday 15th)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Student Development & Volunteering Co-ordinator
CLOSING DATE: 26th June 2022 @ 12pm
Each year the Freshers Team plays a vital part in helping new students settle into university life during the first few weeks. Primarily, the team is there to ensure everyone has a fun and safe introduction to the city and to university life. Sometimes things don’t go to plan though and the Freshers Team is often the first point of contact for students with concerns, proving a friendly face, a sympathetic ear and information on how to resolve any situations which may arise.
The Freshers Team Leaders supervise the different volunteers who make up the teams and assign tasks and duties during the assigned shifts.
The main duties include:
- Motivating and Co-ordinating the daytime Freshers Team Volunteers
- Lead by example in being outgoing and approachable to new students
- Act as an ambassador for RGU: Union and RGU
- Assist with Students’ Union stalls at events such as Welcome Weekend, Freshfest and the Freshers Fayre
- To work with a high level of efficiency and organisation to manage and meet expectations in a fast-paced environment.
Applicable to all employees:
- Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by the General Manager
- Familiarise and understand the Union Mission Statement, Objectives and Departmental Action Plans.
- Use the recycling facilities in accordance within your designated area and where appropriate throughout the Students’ Union.
Health & Safety:
- To take reasonable care and be aware of your legal responsibility for fire precautions and Health & Safety at work.
- To co-operate with employer/manager to satisfy all requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Current RGU Student
- Availability for training on Friday the 10th of September
- Ability to communicate well and interpret instructions and direction.
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Good organisational skills and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Experience of leading a team
- Knowledge of Aberdeen and RGU Halls of Residence
- Customer Service experience
- Previous Freshers Team experience
To apply please email your C.V. and cover letter to Euan Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are successfully shortlisted, we will invite you to an interview. Interviews will be held in our offices on Robert Gordon University campus in Aberdeen or held virtually through MS Teams.
Robert Gordon University Students’ Union pursues a policy of equal opportunities in the appointment and promotion of staff.