Student School Officers are appointed as lead representatives within each school, acting as a key point of contact between fellow students and staff.
They support and develop student representative structures as well as participate in enhancement projects in partnership with staff and students.
This important role reflects the value placed on ‘Partnership at RGU’, and the commitment to involving students as partners in the enhancement of the learning experience.
We are recruiting officers for the following schools:
- Scott Sutherland School of Architecture & Built Environment
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively engaging with student representatives, and students within the school, to gather feedback, and communicate key messages to staff.
- Becoming a full member of your School Academic Board.
- Taking responsibility for an enhancement project(s) in conjunction with the Head of School (or nominee)
- Participating in university-wide, and RGU:Union, partnership activities as appropriate (For example this could include contributing to committees, working groups or projects).
- Identifying, communicating and celebrating enhancement activity which has a positive impact.
- Provide regular progress reports.
Benefits of the role include opportunities to:
- Support your fellow students, School, RGU: Union and the university in progressing enhancements to the learning experience.
- Engage and network with other lead representatives.
- Develop key employability skills such as project coordination, communication and negotiation.
In recognition of the importance of the role an honorarium of £200 per semester (£400 per Session) will be paid. This is based on production of a progress report each semester.
Application deadline 31st August 2020.
Interviews will be conducted over the summer period.
Successful candidates will be required to attend an online training session over the summer period.
For further information please get in touch.